|[||Summary: Many complaints of orders not being delivered. 'F' BBB rating.||]|
I'm Treating as a Scam
July 26, 2019 3:20PM
Like the law does, I assume that all individuals and business are innocent. However, I follow a "trust, but verify" philosophy here: just because I assume someone is innocent doesn't mean that I won't investigate.
In this case, after my initial research, I have decided to treating this as a scam for purposes of my investigating (in other words, I am going to keep digging). Reasons include:
- I cannot find a legal business name for this company (such as an LLC)
- They have complaints filed with the BBB, none of which they have responded to
- The business does not appear to have a business license Beverly Hills, as required by the city
- They have not responded to my email inquiry after about 10 days
- They show a fake Google Seller Rating (4.9, it is significantly lower)
- They show a McAfee Secure logo, but their subscription expired
- They list NGC, PCGS, and ANA logos, but those organizations do not list American Heritage Bullion
- They show about 1,000 orders per month from January 1, 2019 through May 14, 2019: but only 7 orders in the 2+ months since then.
- They have not posted on their Facebook page since December 18, 2018 (despite nearly daily posts before that)
- They have not posted on their Twitter page since December 18, 2018 (despite nearly daily posts before that)
- They have reported recent (presumably bad) reviews at TrustPilot as not being their customers. I see this as meaning  people are creating fake reviews all of a sudden (why?), or  AHB is lying, or  AHB's TrustPilot account has been hacked. TrustPilot has verified at least one of the reviews as valid, strongly suggesting that AHB is lying.
There could be a valid explanation: for example, the site is operated by an individual, and he died. Or a bunch of customers have complained about orders they didn't receive, when in fact they did receive them.
July 26, 2019 10:45AM
As I am getting up to speed with American Heritage Bullion, I am having troubles finding out much information -- I would like to find out the legal name they are using (e.g. LLC), physical address, owner names, etc.
You can contact me using the 'Tips' page.
July 26, 2019 10:05AM
I am starting this page to track American Heritage Bullion.
They are in business, but I am strongly discouraging anyone to place an order with them (if you do, please use a credit card).
I believe that they either have serious financial problems, or are overwhelmed: in either case, they would not need more business. They did not respond to my inquiries about a customer that told me he did not receive his order.
Sources of information showing issues include:
- A Reddit post from a customer who claims to have lost $3,300.
- A website called americanheritagebullion-scam.com
- An 'F' rating at the BBB, with 9 unanswered complaints.
- 3 negative reviews at FindCoinOnline.com
(C) Copyright 2010-2019 About.Ag